The Utah Ophthalmology Society Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to the Utah Ophthalmology Society (UOS). This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that UOS collects, and the ways in which UOS uses that personal information.
This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com.
Personal information collection
UOS may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website (including email address, name);
- information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website (including user name, email);
- information about transactions carried out over this website (including registration, name, email, address);
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services (including user name, email; and any other information that you send to UOS.
Using personal information
UOS may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalize the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- publish information about you on the website;
- send to you products that you purchase;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications.
Where UOS discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, UOS may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
UOS will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. UOS will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Cross-border data transfers
Updating this statement